Teach South West are delighted to announce that applications for 2018 - 19 will open on 26 October 2018 through UCAS. Please follow the link below for our full list of course offers and codes for UCAS applications.
Applications for 2017 - 18 are now closed.
Do not hesitate to contact us for preliminary information or attend one of our Taster Days.
- On the School Direct Training Programme you could be eligible for a tax-free bursary of up to £25,000, dependent on the subject you want to teach and the degree class that you hold. You may also be eligible for a scholarship in certain subjects. Applications for School Direct are through UCAS ITT. The application system will show the subjects and number of places offered by each lead school.
- Successful completion of a School Direct course with these two partners will lead to the award of Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and a PGCE.
- Trainees on the School Direct Training Programme, who are eligible for bursary funding and scholarships, will receive bursaries in the same way as trainees on other postgraduate ITT routes.
- Scholarships may be available for candidates who wish to teach priority subjects, and are awarded by the relevant subject associations through a competitive application process. Please visit the DfE website for more information on how to assess whether trainees are eligible for a bursary or scholarship.
- The partner ITT provider will receive an allocation of bursary funding from the NCTL for all eligible ITT places, including those bursaries allocated for School Direct places. The provider will then pay the trainee the bursary directly.
The University of Exeter is the provider for the South West Teaching School Alliance's School Direct Programme (SWTSA), recognised by the NCTL and Ofsted as an outstanding provider of Primary and Secondary teacher education.
Why study PGCE at the University of Exeter?
- 6th in the UK for world leading and internationally excellent research in Education and influencer of national education policy
- Ranked 3rd amongst university providers of initial teacher training in the Good Teacher Training Guide 2017
- Consistently recognised by Ofsted and the National College for Teaching & Leadership as an outstanding provider of Primary and Secondary initial teacher education
- Excellent graduate employment statistics, with 91 per cent of PGCE trainees who achieved QTS in the 2014-15 cohort securing a teaching post within 6 months of completion
- Very high student satisfaction with 96 per cent of our former trainees rating our provision of training as good or very good (NQT survey 2015)
- Partnership arrangements with over 250 schools
- Fantastic choice of PGCE programmes making Exeter one of the 10 largest PGCE providers in the UK
- Home to one of the largest education libraries in the UK
Being part of the Exeter partnership provides you with the opportunity to contribute to a professional dialogue about effective practice in training teachers. You will benefit from the skills and energy of our outstanding trainees. Additionally, you will have access to professional development opportunities for your staff and be part of one of the leading and most well respected universities for Education in the country.
Subjects offered are:
- Modern Foreign Languages (French, Spanish)
- Science: Chemistry
- Science: Physics
- Science: Biology
Apply to our courses visit the 'How to apply' page
- For further information on PGCE School Direct Pre-Course Information 2017/18 please click here.
- For School Direct @Exeter Secondary PGCE Dates and General Information please click here.